Just like how yoga tightens the muscles and skin all over the body…
“Facial yoga” can help tighten, firm, and lift the skin on your face too.
Using only your facial muscles, fingers or some simple tools, like a jade roller…
These simple exercises and massages will help reduce wrinkles and sagging, prevent skin elasticity loss, and provide you with a tighter, younger-looking complexion:
- The cheek lifter: Smile as wide as you can, then use your fingers to lift your cheeks up towards your eyes. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat 10 times. This can help you lift and plump your cheeks.
- The forehead smoother: Place both hands on your forehead, with your fingers spread out. Gently sweep your fingers outwards, applying light pressure. Repeat 10 times. This can help you smooth out forehead lines and wrinkles.
- The neck firmer: Tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth, then lower your chin to your chest. Repeat 10 times. This can help you tighten and tone your neck muscles.
- The lymphatic drainage massage: Use your fingers or a jade roller to gently massage your face in an upward and outward direction, starting from the center of your face and moving towards the ears. Then, massage your neck in a downward direction, starting from the jawline and moving towards the collarbone. Repeat for 5 minutes. This can help you reduce puffiness and swelling in your face.
- The contouring massage: Use your fingers or a gua sha scraper to firmly massage your face along the bone structure, such as the jawline, the cheekbones, and the brow bone. Apply more pressure on the areas where you want to create more definition and sculpting. Repeat for 5 minutes. This can help you enhance your facial features and shape.
- The anti-aging massage: Use your fingers or a jade roller to gently massage your face in circular motions, focusing on the areas where you have more wrinkles or sagging, such as the eyes, the mouth, and the nasolabial folds. Apply more pressure on the areas where you want to stimulate more blood flow and collagen production. Repeat for 5 minutes. This can help you smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and lift sagging skin.
You can do these facial exercises and massages daily or weekly.
And along with plump your cheeks, reduce puffiness, and smooth out wrinkles…
They can also improve blood circulation, de-stress your facial muscles, and reduce tension.
So for a firmer, healthier looking face, consider adding a minute or two of light “facial yoga” to your day.